College of Science and Health > Academics > Psychology > Undergraduate > Psychology (BS)

Psychology (BS)

In the Bachelor of Science in Psychology program, you will learn theories and research methodologies, as well as gain an understanding of both scientific and applied psychology. You will design and conduct psychological research studies and learn how to read and analyze scientific data.

You will have the opportunity to work with faculty members on research projects, as well as develop and conduct your own research projects through our independent study program. Students may present a research poster at the annual Psychology Night in spring or Undergraduate Research Showcase in the fall.

The bachelor’s degree program offers a General concentration, a Cognitive Neuroscience concentration, and a Healthcare concentration. These concentrations require you to take advanced courses through the Biology, Chemistry, and/or Mathematics departments. Students in the Cognitive Neuroscience program may declare a minor in Biology. Students may meet pre-health requirements while earning their degree. To ensure success, students in the Healthcare concentration are part of DePaul’s Pre-Health/Pre-Med Advising program.

DePaul offers combined degree programs such as a combined bachelor’s + master’s degree in Psychology and Secondary Education Social Sciences, allowing you to complete a bachelor’s degree and a graduate degree in as few as five years.


Sample Courses:

  • Abnormal Psychology
  • Health Psychology and Stress Management
  • Learning and Cognition
  • Psychological Measurement
  • Physiological Psychology
  • Research Methods
  • Social Cognition and Mental Control
  • Statistics
  • Theories of Learning and Cognition

Program Concentrations/Tracks:

  • Cognitive Neuroscience
  • General
  • Healthcare

Content displayed from this DePaul University page.

Get more information

Complete the form below to receive more information about this degree program.

If the form fails to load or displays incorrectly, click here to fill out an alternate form.