Follow Your Interests...
As an undergraduate student majoring in psychology you will have a chance to structure the program to meet your academic and career goals with plenty of support from our staff and faculty. There’s room to explore! When you earn a Bachelor of Science, you can also:
- Achieve minor(s) or a double major in complementary fields
- Participate in Study Abroad
- Participate in Departmental and/or University Honors programs
- Get hands-on experience working with dynamic research teams
- Gain practical field experience with career-specific internships
- Meet requirements for professional and graduate programs
- Get involved with clubs, peer mentoring and tutoring activities
Think like a scientist...
Are you interested in learning how to address pressing issues and untangle complex psychological, interpersonal or social problems with science? By studying psychology you’ll be receiving training grounded in the fundamentals of the scientific method. You will learn about how psychologists have developed theories and research that shapes our understanding of psychological issues in every area of life. In our classrooms you will be challenged with current research and stimulated to think like a scientist to unravel puzzles in behavior.
Plan a specialized education in psychology to prepare you for a variety of careers...
Choose from one of our Bachelor of Science specialty concentrations to tailor your undergraduate training to meet your needs and goals. You can choose any concentration based on your interests.
Are you excited about gaining a deeper scientific understanding of psychology or studying neuroscience? Consider either our General concentration or a Cognitive Neuroscience concentration. Both concentrations allow students plenty of room to minor in Biology. Are you pursuing a pre-health career path? Consider our Healthcare concentration, designed to help meet the course requirements for a variety of health-related careers and help prepare for the MCAT.