College of Science and Health | DePaul University > Academics > Psychology > Undergraduate >
The Honors program enables students to complete a supervised research
project during the student’s senior year. The student works directly
with a faculty sponsor on the research project (and may also work
closely with a graduate student supervised by that faculty member),
completes whatever final assessment is determined suitable by the
faculty sponsor (e.g., thesis, paper for submission to professional
journal), and presents their findings in poster form at Psych Night
(late May/early June). The student also attends regular seminars with
other Honors students (scheduling TBA).
- Minimum overall GPA 3.3
- Minimum Psychology GPA 3.5
- Supervision commitment from faculty sponsor (and faculty signature on application form)
- Completion of PSY 240, 241, 242 with no less than one A and two Bs
- Understanding of research area and feasibility of proposed research (as evidenced in application)
Procedure for Enrollment
- Students submit formal applications to Dr. Jane Halpert.
- Students accepted into the program register for at least four (and
no more than 12) hours of PSY 396 Honors in Psychology, using the Independent Study form.
- Students are encouraged (but not required) to enroll in
a. PSY 340 Statistics II and
b. PSY 342 Research Methods III or PSY 343 Psychological Measurement.