College of Science and Health > Academics > Psychology > Graduate Programs > Industrial/Organizational Psychology (MA/PhD) > Admission Requirements
The Industrial/Organizational Psychology program typically admits three students per year, based on a combination of grades, GRE scores, letters of recommendation, and faculty–student fit. Applications are due no later than December 15.
Please read through
the general instructions before filling out the
online application. When filling out the online application select the Psychology Graduate Programs application, not the College of Science and Health application.
Industrial/Organizational faculty review all application materials carefully and evaluate applications with emphasis on the following criteria:
1. Completeness of Credentials: Faculty will only review complete applications submitted before the December 15th deadline. The review process begins shortly after this date. Applicants will be notified if they qualify for an interview. In-person interviews are strongly preferred; however, phone/Skype interviews can be arranged if necessary.
2. Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scores and Grade Point Average (GPA): The general GRE is required for all applicants. A GPA of 3.5 or higher is advised. If an applicant is particularly strong in one area, but not another, these criteria will not be followed rigidly.
3. Letters of Recommendation: Faculty carefully review letters of recommendation. Selected recommenders are encouraged to address the applicant’s academic background and achievements. An additional letter from an employer, university administrator, or other source may be submitted, but is not required.
4. Personal Statement: No specific prompt is provided in order to allow applicants the freedom to express themselves as they deem appropriate. Applicants are encouraged to highlight their research interests and name faculty with whom they would like to work. A guideline of two to three pages is advised.
5. Minority Status: Industrial/Organizational faculty encourage applications from students of minority background.
6. Students with Disabilities: Industrial/Organizational faculty encourage applications from students with disabilities.
Download and fill out the
Course History List form.
Learn more about
If you need assistance to complete your application and/or have questions, contact the CSH Graduate Admission office at
(773) 325-7315 or