The Industrial/Organizational Psychology program typically admits three students per year, based on a combination of
grades, GRE scores, letters of recommendation, and faculty–student fit.
Applications are due no later than December 15.
Please read through the general instructions before filling out the online application.
Industrial/Organizational faculty review all application materials carefully and evaluate applications with emphasis on the following criteria:
1. Completeness of Credentials: Faculty will only review complete applications submitted before the December 15th deadline. The review process begins shortly after this date. Applicants will be notified if they qualify for an interview. In-person interviews are strongly preferred; however, phone/Skype interviews can be arranged if necessary.
2. Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scores and Grade Point Average (GPA): The general GRE is required for all applicants. A GPA of 3.5 or higher is advised. If an applicant is particularly strong in one area, but not another, these criteria will not be followed rigidly.
3. Letters of Recommendation: Faculty carefully review letters of recommendation. Selected recommenders are encouraged to address the applicant’s academic background and achievements. An additional letter from an employer, university administrator, or other source may be submitted, but is not required.
4. Personal Statement: No specific prompt is provided in order to allow applicants the freedom to express themselves as they deem appropriate. Applicants are encouraged to highlight their research interests and name faculty with whom they would like to work. A guideline of two to three pages is advised.
5. Minority Status: Industrial/Organizational faculty encourage applications from students of minority background.
6. Students with Disabilities: Industrial/Organizational faculty encourage applications from students with disabilities.
Download and fill out the Course History List form.
Take the next step
Learn more about Graduate Admission.
Attend an Admission Event.
Ready to apply?
If you need assistance to complete your application and/or have questions, contact the CSH Graduate Admission office at (773) 325-7315 or firstname.lastname@example.org.