Incoming First-Year Students
If you’re an incoming freshman, academically motivated and have already been admitted to the College of Science and Health, you will be considered automatically for this program. An invitation to qualified students and instructions on how to accept your place in the program are included in your acceptance packet to the University. Strong candidates typically have a cumulative high school GPA of 3.5 or higher, an average ACT composite score of 27 or higher, or a combined SAT score of 1200 or higher on the critical reading or math sections.
To remain in the Pathways Honors Program, students must meet the following criteria. Students, who do not meet all of the criteria, will be dismissed from the program.
- Retain a primary major in the College of Science and Health.
- Maintain at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Completing and logging at least 10 activity hours each quarter for a total of at least 30 hours per year.
- Activity hours include volunteering, shadowing, attending events or workshops, etc.
- Activity hours do not include hours for which you are paid or earn academic credit.
Current DePaul Students Who Transferred To DePaul
Transfer students interested in Pathways Honors have the
opportunity to apply via the Pathways Honors mid-year application - please scroll down to find the application. Transfer students are NOT eligible
to pursue a 3+ accelerated program. Transfer students will be able to apply the spring of their first complete year at DePaul University. The midpoint application will open in May and close in early June of the same year. To be eligible for acceptance into Pathways Honors as a transfer student, the applicant must meet the following requirements at the time of submitting the application.
- Earned at least 48 quarter hours in residence by the end of spring quarter at
DePaul University with a maximum of 90 total earned quarter hours between
DePaul and the transfer institution(s), including other external credit (i.e. AP).
- Completed 1 year of general biology with laboratory and 1 year of general chemistry with laboratory by the end of spring quarter.
- Completed a minimum of 3 science courses with
labs at DePaul. Eligible courses include: general chemistry, general
biology, organic chemistry, analytical chemistry, general or university
physics, genetics, cell biology, microbiology, or any 300-level biology, chemistry,
or physics course.
- Earned at least a DePaul cumulative
GPA of 3.2 after spring quarter grades post.
- Earned at least a 3.2 cumulative transfer GPA.
- Earned at least a B- in all science courses (see
#2 and #3) at both DePaul and at the transfer institution(s).
- Demonstrated a standard of professional and
ethical behavior suitable for a future health professional.
- Submitted a 500 word statement on why the
applicant is interested in Pathways Honors and what intraprofessional healthcare
means to them.
Current DePaul Students Who Did Not Transfer to DePaul
If you are a current DePaul student in your first year and think you would benefit from the Pathways Honors Program, apply as a mid-year Pathways Honors program participant in spring via the Pathways Honors Midyear Application below. Students who apply as a mid-year applicant will receive the same benefits as incoming first-year students. The midpoint application will open in May and close in early June of the same year. Competitive mid-year applicants must:
- Have fewer than 60 quarters hours earned at the end of spring quarter.
- Have entered DePaul as a traditional first-year student (cannot be a transfer, Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Health Program, or non-degree seeking student).
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least a 3.0 after spring quarter grades post.
- Earn at least a B- in each general biology and general chemistry course including labs.
- Be on track to complete the general biology and general chemistry sequence by the end of the following autumn quarter.
- Demonstrated a standard of professional and ethical behavior suitable for a future health professional.
If you meet these requirements, please apply by completing the mid-year application below. The application typically opens in early May and closes in early June of the same year. Sign up for the Pre-Health Program to receive updates about the mid-year application process.
Pathways Honors Mid-Year Application
For more information about the Pathways Honors Program, please contact PathwaysHonors@depaul.edu or call (312)