Incoming First-Year Students
If you’re an incoming freshman, academically motivated and have already been admitted to the College of Science and Health, you will be considered automatically for this program. An invitation to qualified students and instructions on how to accept your place in the program are included in your acceptance packet to the University. Strong candidates typically have a cumulative high school GPA of 3.5 or higher, an average ACT composite score of 27 or higher, or a combined SAT score of 1200 or higher on the critical reading or math sections.
To remain in the Pathways Honors Program, students must meet the following two criteria. Students, who do not meet both criteria, will be dismissed from the program.
- Retain a primary major in the College of Science and Health.
- Maintain at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
Current DePaul Students Who Transferred To DePaul
Transfer students interested in Pathways Honors have the
opportunity to apply via the Pathways Honors mid-year application - please scroll down to find the application - each spring.
Transfer students are NOT eligible
to pursue a 3+ accelerated program. To be eligible for acceptance into Pathways
Honors as a transfer student, the applicant must meet the following
requirements at the time of submitting the application.
- Earned at least 32 quarter hours in residence at
DePaul University with a maximum of 80 total earned quarter hours between
DePaul and the transfer institution(s).
- Completed a minimum of 3 science courses with
labs at DePaul. Eligible courses include: general chemistry, general
biology, organic chemistry, analytical chemistry, general or university
physics, genetics, cell biology, microbiology, or any 300-level biology, chemistry,
or physics course.
- Earned at least a DePaul cumulative
GPA of 3.2.
- Earned at least a 3.2 cumulative transfer GPA.
- Earned at least a B- in all science courses (see
#2) at both DePaul and at the transfer institution(s).
- Demonstrated a standard of professional and
ethical behavior suitable for a future health professional.
- Submitted a 500 word statement on why the
applicant is interested in Pathways Honors and what intraprofessional healthcare
means to them.
Current DePaul Students Who Did Not Transfer to DePaul
If you are a current DePaul student in your first year or autumn quarter of your second year and think you would benefit from the Pathways Honors Program, apply as a mid-year Pathways Honors program participant. Students who apply mid-year will receive the same benefits as incoming first-year students. Competitive mid-year applicants must:
- Have fewer than 60 quarters hours earned
- Have entered DePaul as a traditional first-year student (cannot be a transfer, Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Health Program, or non-degree seeking student)
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least a 3.0 after spring quarter grades post
- Earn at least a B- in each general biology and general chemistry course including labs
- Be on track to complete the general biology and general chemistry sequence by the end of the quarter in which the students applies
If you meet these requirements, please apply by completing the application below. The application is due by May 19th of every year.
Pathways Honors Mid-Year Application
For more information about the Pathways Honors Program, please contact PathwaysHonors@depaul.edu or call (312)