A pre-professional program designed by the College of Science and Health for career changers who aspire to pursue a graduate health professions program’s prerequisite coursework leading to a career in one of the following eight fields: Dentistry, Medicine, Optometry, Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant Practice, Podiatry, or Veterinary Medicine.
The post-baccalaureate (post-bac) program is flexible and allows students who might be working full-time or part-time to complete the courses (offered during the day, Monday through Friday) on a part-time basis at their own pace. The post-bac program does not bear a certificate, nor will it carry any other type of credential.
- Be U.S. citizens or permanent residents
- Have earned at least a bachelor’s degree with a non-natural science major from an accredited college or university; if an applicant already completed one or two graduate health professions prerequisites, depending on when the courses were completed – and the grades achieved – students may be advised to either repeat them or take one or two advanced-level science courses
- Have earned at least a 3.00/4.00 undergraduate cumulative GPA
- Be in good academic standing at previous institution(s) and be able to return
- Be career changers with little to no lab science background
Benefits of the Post-Bac Program:
To apply, please complete the Undergraduate Visiting/Non-Degree Application. If you have questions, please call 312-362-8300.