College of Science and Health > Academics > School of Nursing > Student Resources > Aid & Scholarships

Aid & Scholarships

Financing your future.

Nurses with advanced degrees are in high demand. That means you may be eligible for a wide range of scholarships, grants, teaching assistantships and other forms of financial assistance once you're admitted.

The first step is to complete a yearly Federal Application for Financial Student Aid (FAFSA)​.  Contact the Financial Aid Office for more information.


The School of Nursing distributes grant and donor-funded scholarships based on need. All internal opportunities will be listed on AcademicWorks​, the DePaul Online Scholarship Application website​.

Master's Entry to Nursing Practice (MENP) students are eligible to apply for graduate assistantship (GA) positions, which can also be found on Academic Works.

Double Demon Scholarship​
Any newly admitted student who has graduated from DePaul (has a degree conferred - bachelor's, master's or doctorate) will be eligible to receive a Double Demon Scholarship, as a 25% automatic discount, for any GRADUATE coursework they take after the degree is conferred. This includes degree coursework, certificate coursework and non-degree coursework. It does not include coursework from the Center for Professional Education (CPE), Institute for Professional Development (IPD), coursework in a doctoral program or a master of fine arts (MFA), Music, Theatre, Law and a few other select programs. The Double Demon Scholarship cannot be used in conjunction with any other institutional aid or discount. For more information, contact the Office of Graduate Admission at​ or (773) 325-7315.​

External Scholarship sources
You may find additional scholarship opportunities on these sites:
You may find many more scholarship opportunities on sites devoted to scholarship searches:

Teaching and training

Federal Advanced Nursing Education Traineeships are available for full-time nurse practitioner students and first-year nurse anesthetist students. 


If you meet federal eligibility requirements, you are eligible for a Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan. You also may be eligible for the National Health Service Corps Loan Repayment Program​ and private loans for tuition, fees, books and living expenses while you are a student. 
Employer tuition assistance programs
Many employers of nurses offer a variety of tuition reimbursement or assistance programs to cover advanced education for their employees. To find out if you're eligible, contact your employer's human resources office.​​​​