College of Science and Health > Student Resources > Office of Advising & Student Services > Undergraduate Advising > Academic Probation

Academic Probation

Any student who fails to maintain a cumulative grade point average of at least a 2.0 (C) will be placed on academic probation. A student is removed from academic probation when the cumulative grade point average reaches the required minimum of 2.0 (C). A student who fails to demonstrate satisfactory progress while on academic probation might be dismissed from the University. Ordinarily the student will not be permitted to be on academic probation for longer than three consecutive quarters.

The College of Science and Health recommends students meet with their academic advisor to discuss strategies for returning to good academic standing and accessing Student Success services within the college and across the university.

Please contact the CSH Office of Advising and Student Services at (773) 325-8490 to if you need help contacting your academic advisor or would like to set up an advising appointment.

NOTE: Academic probation is different from financial aid probation. Students on financial aid probation should see a financial aid counselor in DePaul Central. ‚Äč