Study Guide Resources:
The Pre-Health Program has purchased a number of resource study
guides for students who are planning on attending professional schools.
The resources (MCAT, OAT, GRE, DAT, and PCAT books) can be checked out
in the Richardson Library for two hours at a time. The library has a list of current study guides.
We ask students not to write or damage the books as they are expensive and many students will have access to utilize
For more information regarding the standardized exam for your specific graduate health professions program of interest, please visit the Health Careers webpage.
- The Emperor of All Maladies – Siddhartha Mukherjee
- My Own Country – Abraham Verghese
- Cutting for Stone – Abraham Verghese
- Love in the time of Cholera – Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks – Rebecca Skloot
- The House of God – Samuel Shem, MD.
- Arrowsmith – Sinclair Lewis
- Complications: A surgeon’s notes on an imperfect science – Atul Gawande
- The Spirit Catches you and You Fall Down – Anne Fadiman
- Hot Lights, Cold Steel – Michael J. Collins, MD.
- Emergency Doctor – Edward Ziegler
- Better – Atul Gawande
- The Soul of a Doctor – Susan Pories, Sachin Jain, and Gordon Harper
- Intern Blues – Robert Marion
- Med School Confidential – Robert Miller and Daniel Bissel
- In Stitches – Anthony Youn
- White Coat – Ellen Rothman
- On Call: A Doctor’s Days and Nights in Residency
- The Health Care Handbook – Nathan Moore and Elisabeth Askin
- How Doctor’s Think – Jerome Groopman
- Gifted Hands – Ben Carson
- First Do No Harm – Lisa Belkin
- Strength in What Remains – Tracy Kidder
- The Healing of American: A Global Question for Better, Cheaper, and Fairer Health Care – T.R. Reid
- Why Your Prescriptions Take So Damn Long to Fill - Drugmonkey
- The Other Side - Kate Granger
- The Man who Mistook his Wife for a Hat - Oliver Sacks
- The Checklist Manifesto - Atul Gawande
- The Optimism Bias - Tali Sharot
- The Family that Couldn't Sleep - D.T. Max