The Psychology department's main office is located in Byrne Hall, room
420. To ensure that all students have a smooth and successful experience with the program, we recommend that all students schedule a time to meet with our Academic Advising staff to receive orientation to the department and to be assigned to a faculty advisor.
Psychology Advising Suite
Director of Undergraduate Studies
Elizabeth T. Jackson
Undergraduate Academic Advisor
Byrne Hall, Room 451-B
Office Hours: Mon.-Thurs. 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Friday, by appointment.
Byrne Hall, Room 451-C
(Any changes in office hours will be posted in the main office.
Walk-ins are always welcome, but during registration week, all
appointments are walk-in only.)
Use the action plan grid below to gauge your progress and determine the types of academic assistance you might need:
First Year and Newly Declared Students
- Contact CSH Advising to keep on track with first year requirements.
Second Year Students
- By the end of the year, sophomores and transfer students
with over 30 credit hours whom have declared their concentration should
contact Elizabeth Jackson.
- Contact your faculty advisor to discuss the optimal sequence of your
Psychology coursework (note: faculty advisors will be assigned to
students once they have achieved 72 credit hours).
Third Year Students
- Check in with Elizabeth Jackson for a tentative graduation review prior to the end of the year.
- Contact your faculty advisor to explore potential career paths and
the most appropriate options for fulfilling Experiential Learning.
Fourth Year Students
- Set up a graduation review appointment with Elizabeth Jackson, and apply on Campus Connect to notify CSH about your readiness for degree conferral (for
students> records & registration> graduation> apply for
- Meet with your faculty advisor to discuss advanced classes and research opportunities best suited for your career plans.
- View the academic calendar
Requirements for majors and minors from all DePaul colleges
(including CSH) and other student information regarding policies and
Recommendations from the Office for Academic Advising Support. The Career Center
also has information that may be helpful.
Time Management Tools
Advising services for students interested in health careers.
Joining is recommended for students considering pre-law or law-related careers.
Useful information for students interested in pursuing a graduate degree in Clinical Psychology from CUDCP
Various forms required by the College of Science and Health, including forms to declare a Psychology major.
Earn independent study credits and experience.
A nationally recognized source of career information, designed to
provide valuable assistance to individuals making decisions about their
future work lives. The Handbook is revised every two years.
Everything you want to know about a wide variety of health careers.
Information on approximately 700 occupations in Illinois. The
occupations are divided into 16 Career Clusters. You'll find
descriptions, salaries, Illinois and sub-state employment levels,
employment forecasts, and other information that helps to clarify career
A resource for information regarding majors and careers.
Connects you to hundreds of job and internship opportunities both
on-campus and with employers throughout the Chicago area and beyond.
Whether you are looking for a position on campus to fulfill your work
study, trying to earn your way through school, or just beginning to
launch your career, this is the place to start.
Opportunities to Serve
Provides educational opportunities grounded in Vincentian community
values to DePaul students. The Center seeks to develop mutually
beneficial, reciprocal relationships with community organizations in
order to develop a sense of social agency in our students through
enrollment in CbSL courses, community internships and placements, and
community-based student employment.
Through the experiences and lessons you learn from your involvement
on campus and off, you will grow in each of these areas and develop
into a socially responsible leader.
A clearinghouse for nonprofit volunteering, internships, and careers.