Applying to the Biology (MS) Program
Completed applications will be reviewed beginning February 12.
To be eligible for the Master of Science in Biological Sciences program, applicants must have a bachelor’s degree (preferably in biological sciences or an equivalent program) from a regionally accredited institution or be in the process of completing the bachelor's degree. Additionally, applicants should have the following:
- A minimum of two years of chemistry, including one year of organic chemistry
- One year of general physics
- One year of calculus
- A working knowledge of computers and of statistics
- Prerequisite course work completed by the end of the first year of graduate study
To apply, please submit the following:
- A completed online application
- Official transcripts from all previous college course work (minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale)
- Three letters of recommendation from science professors, preferably biology
- A personal statement that explains your interest in the biological sciences graduate program at DePaul. The statement should specify your career goals and any specific area of interest.
Students educated outside the United States must present proof of English proficiency. The program requires a minimum TOEFL score of 96 on the TOEFL iBT, 243 on the computer-based test or 590 on the paper-based test. A minimum of 7.5 on the IELTS may be submitted for this requirement.
For additional information for international students please visit our International Student Admission Process page.
Take the next step
Learn more about Graduate Admission.
Attend an Admission Event.
Ready to apply?
If you need assistance to complete your application and/or have questions, contact the CSH Graduate Admission office at (773) 325-7315 or firstname.lastname@example.org.