To be eligible for admission into the master's program in Applied Statistics, applicants must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. For full admission, applicants must have already completed the following undergraduate-level coursework:
- A year of single-variable calculus (equivalent of MAT 150-151-152)
- A course in multivariable calculus (equivalent of MAT 260)
- A course in linear algebra (equivalent of MAT 262)
- A course in statistics (equivalent of MAT 348 or MAT 350)
- A course in computer programming (e.g., C++, Python, Java)
Applicants who have not yet completed one or more of the listed prerequisites may be admitted on a conditional basis while they complete the prerequisites at DePaul as undergraduate non-degree seeking students. Interested students should contact the Applied Mathematics program director Desale Habtzghi (email@example.com) to discuss their options.
To apply, please submit the following:
- A completed application.
- Official transcripts detailing course work from all colleges and universities you have attended. If you send transcripts directly to DePaul, they must be in a sealed envelope with the official registrar's stamp across the envelope flap.
- A personal statement of approximately 200-300 words
- International students should also see the International Admission page for more information
International student applicants must submit proof of English language proficiency in order to be reviewed for admission. The College of Science and Health accepts scores from the TOEFL and the IELTS as proof of English proficiency. Students who have previously earned an undergraduate or graduate degree in a country where the native language is recognized as English may be exempt from the English language proficiency requirement.
To be considered English language proficient, the College of Science and Health requires a score of at least 80 on the iBT TOEFL with a minimum score of 17 on each section, at least 550 on the paper-based TOEFL, or at least 6.5 on the IELTS. While all applicants who meet the college minimum requirements will be guaranteed consideration, the Applied Statistics admissions committee prefers scores of at least 96 on the TOEFL iBT, 243 on the computer-based test, or 590 on the paper-based test. A minimum of 7.5 on the IELTS may also be submitted for this requirement.
Applicants whose English language proficiency scores are below the stated minimums but who otherwise meet all admission requirements may be granted conditional admission until they demonstrate English proficiency by completing DePaul's English Language Academy program. Requirements for conditional admission are posted on the International Admission website.
For additional information for international students, please visit the International Student Admission Process page or contact the Applied Mathematics program director Desale Habtzghi (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Take the next step
Learn more about Graduate Admission.
Ready to apply?
If you need assistance to complete your application and/or have questions, contact the CSH Graduate Admission office at (773) 325-7315 or email@example.com.