Gain international experience while connecting local and
global issues in environmental science and studies.
- Short-term programs: travel with DePaul professors over December intercession, spring break, or summer. Past programs have been offered in India, Ireland, and Kenya.
- Study abroad for a quarter or longer in long term programs, including Melbourne, Athens, Lima, and Santiago.
There are many independent providers of study abroad programs. To help Environmental Science and Studies students find programs of interest to them, we have articulated the following study abroad programs and courses into the major. These programs should be planned for completion before your senior year. For more information on these programs, click here.
- Costa Rica: Sustainable Development Studies (Fall)
- East Africa: Wildlife Management Studies in Kenya and Tanzania (Fall)
- Kunming, China: Environmental Issues in China and SE Asia (Summer)
- Iceland: Renewable Energy, Technology, and Resource Economics (Summer)
Scholarships and Financial Aid
On DePaul-sponsored programs, you can use all of your regular financial aid and scholarships. For additional opportunities, see the scholarships page of studyabroad.depaul.edu. On non-DePaul study abroad programs, you cannot use your DePaul scholarships. You can, however, use federal loans.