Completed applications will be reviewed beginning August 1 for the fall term, December 1 for the winter term, and March 1 for the spring term. Learn more.
To be eligible for this program, applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in chemistry from a regionally accredited institution.
Students must also demonstrate successful completion of the following prerequisites:
- One year of calculus
- One year of physics, with laboratory
- One year of general chemistry
- Analytical chemistry, including quantitative or instrumental analysis
- One year of organic chemistry, including spectral analysis
- One upper-level course in inorganic chemistry
- One year of physical chemistry
To apply, please submit the following:
- A completed online application
- Official transcripts from all previous college course work
- At least two letters of recommendation
Students educated outside the United States must present proof of English proficiency. The program requires a minimum TOEFL score of 96 on the TOEFL iBT, 243 on the computer-based test or 590 on the paper-based test. A minimum of 7.5 on the IELTS may be submitted for this requirement.
Students with a TOEFL score between 540 and 590 who otherwise meet entrance requirements may be admitted conditionally into a joint program with DePaul’s English Language Academy (ELA). Students have up to three quarters (one year) to study English intensely and raise their TOEFL score to 590, at which time they may begin the graduate program in chemistry. For questions about this program, contact the graduate program director.
For additional information for international students please visit our International Student Admission Process page.
Take the next step
Learn more about Graduate Admission.
Ready to apply?
If you need assistance to complete your application and/or have questions, contact the CSH Graduate Admission office at (773) 325-7315 or firstname.lastname@example.org.