The nursing admission committee will begin reviewing applications after the deadlines and will continue until each cohort is filled.
Lincoln Park Cohort Application Deadline:
Winter cohort - June 15
Spring cohort - October 1
Summer cohort - February 1
Fall cohort - February 1 (Closed for 2017)
Rosalind Franklin Application Priority Deadline:
Winter cohort - June 15
Fall cohort - February 1
Students applying through NursingCAS should submit their application 6 weeks in advance of the deadlines listed, as it can take NursingCAS several weeks to verify your application and we do not review unverified NursingCAS applications.
You may only apply to one cohort location. Please choose the location (the Lincoln Park Campus or the Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science) that is most convenient for you.
Graduate Information Sessions
Please join us for an upcoming information session featuring DePaul's master's entry to nursing practice (MENP) program. Information sessions are held regularly at the Lincoln Park Campus and at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science in North Chicago (about 35 miles north of Chicago).
For a current schedule of events, please click here.
Applying for Admission
Applicants have two options:
- Apply directly to DePaul at www.depaul.edu/apply OR
- Apply through NursingCAS. NursingCAS is the online, centralized application service for nursing programs nationwide. Students applying through NursingCAS should submit their application 6 weeks in advance of the deadlines listed, as it can take NursingCAS several weeks to verify your application and we do not review unverified NursingCAS applications.
General Admission Requirements
To be eligible for the master’s entry to nursing practice program,
students must hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited
college or university.
- Online application (www.depaul.edu/apply) OR NursingCAS application
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- Official GRE scores if undergraduate cumulative GPA is below 3.2 on a 4.0 scale (GRE institution code: 1165)
- Prerequisite Worksheet.pdf
- A personal statement - Please submit the answers to the following three questions in one document. Together, they comprise the Personal Statement that is required for a complete application.
- How do you see yourself contributing to the nursing profession? (200 word max)
- How do your career objectives align with the mission and values of DePaul University? (200 word max)
- Please address any deficits in your application, if applicable. (200 word max)
- Two letters of reference from former faculty or employer
recommender can be a professor or work supervisor (not a coworker or
relative) and should address the student's ability to perform graduate
- Curriculum vitae or resume
include professional activities (i.e. organizational memberships,
committee memberships, officer positions, etc.) and community service
applicants who have been educated in a country where the native
language is not English, a TOEFL or IELTS score is required. If a
student holds an undergraduate or graduate degree from a U.S.
institution or other English-only speaking country, they will not be
required to provide English proficiency test scores.
students (those who were educated outside of the U.S. and/or require an
F1 visa) must take additional steps to be considered for admission.
Please visit http://csh.depaul.edu/admission/graduate/Pages/international-student-admissions.aspx for details.
addition to the general admission requirements above, students should
be able to provide proof of successfully completing the following
- Two courses of human anatomy/physiology with labs
- One course of inorganic (i.e. general chemistry) with lab
- One course in organic chemistry with lab OR biochemistry with lab OR microbiology with lab
Note on Prerequisites
All prerequisite courses must include labs and have been completed within the last ten years with a grade of 'C' or better. All prerequisites must be completed before the start of term to which the student is applying.
Two prerequisite courses must be completed before the application deadline in order to be reviewed for that entry term. Students who have completed all or most of their prerequisites are given priority consideration. If the admission review committee needs additional information on an applicant whose prerequisites are not complete, they may defer making a decision on the application until the review period for the next available term.
Applying Directly to DePaul
- Submit the DePaul online application at www.depaul.edu/apply.
- Submit your personal statement, two letters of recommendation, resume or CV, and prerequisite worksheet directly through the online application OR by email to GradDePaul@depaul.edu. Please make sure your name is on all documents.
- Pay the non-refundable $40 application fee through the online application
or mail a check to the Office of Graduate Admission at the address
- Send official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended to the Office of Graduate Admission at the address below. (College and universities that issue official electronic transcripts can email them
- If required, submit your GRE and/or TOEFL score directly from ETS (www.ets.org). DePaul's institution code is 1165.
The Office of Graduate Admission
College of Science and Health
2400 N. Sheffield Avenue
Chicago, IL 60614-2215
Applying Through NursingCAS
Applicants to the MENP program have the option of applying to the program through NursingCAS. Applying through NursingCAS allows you to submit your application to DePaul and other institutions nationwide through one centralized application. NursingCAS also verifies your academic credentials on behalf of DePaul. Students applying through NursingCAS should submit their application 6 weeks in advance of the deadlines listed, as it can take NursingCAS several weeks to verify your application and we do not review unverified NursingCAS applications.
Here’s how to get started.
Nursing instructional video or helpful online information how to complete a NursingCAS application.
- Visit www.nursing.org and click “Apply Here” to initiate your application.
- Click on “Create Account” and complete the required fields.
- You may only apply to one (1) cohort location. Do not apply to both Lincoln Park and Rosalind Franklin. You must choose only one.
- Save your personal statement in the “Personal Statement” section of
NursingCAS. Title it “DePaul University MENP Program.” Attach the statement to DePaul University prior to e-submitting your application.
- Request that your references be submitted via the “References” section of NursingCAS. Attach your references to DePaul University prior to e-submitting your application.
- Upload a copy of your CV or resume into the “Documents Upload” section of NursingCAS. Remember to attach your resume to DePaul University prior to e-submitting your applications.
- Prerequisite Worksheet
- If required to submit a GRE score, you should report your score in the
“Tests” section of the NursingCAS application. Have your official score sent directly from ETS (www.ets.org) to DePaul University. DePaul’s institution code is 1165.
- Submit official transcripts from each college or university attended. All official transcripts must be mailed from the issuing institution’s registrar’s office directly to NursingCAS. In order to expedite the processing be sure to include the Transcript Request Form. Have the transcripts mailed to the following address:
P.O. Box 9201
Watertown, MA 02471
- Transcripts from international institutions must be evaluated by Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.(ECE). This is the required evaluation service for international applicants
who wish to apply to DePaul using the NursingCAS application. International credit evaluations and transcripts should be mailed to NursingCAS at the address above. If you wish to apply directly to DePaul University, follow the instructions above in the section, "Applying Directly to DePaul".
- If required to submit a TOEFL score, you should report your score in the “Tests” section of the NursingCAS application. Have your official score sent directly from ETS (www.ets.org) to DePaul. DePaul’s institution code is 1165.
Helpful Hints on Using NursingCAS
Use the Quick Status Menu while logged into your NursingCAS application to check to see if your transcripts have been received or use this link, https://portal.nursingcas.org/?rm=status_transcripts. You can also use the Quick Status Menu to check to see if your references have been submitted.
Questions about NursingCAS
For questions regarding the NursingCAS application please contact
NursingCAS support via phone at 617-612-2880 Monday – Thursday 9:00 AM –
7:00 PM Eastern Time and Friday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM Eastern Time and via
email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or post questions to NursingCAS by following their Twitter and/or Facebook accounts. Detailed instructions and FAQs are available too. Instructional videos are posted on the NursingCAS YouTube channel
Monitor the Status of Your Application
The “My Messages” section of the NursingCAS application will include any messages that NursingCAS or a school has sent to you. Please check your “My Messages” to see if you have received any vital information about your application. Messages will be sent to the “My Messages” inbox and your personal email address that you created your account with.
Use the “Quick Status Menu” options to check to see if your Transcript(s), Reference(s), or Payment(s) have been received after you submit them. To check to see which Designations you have selected (in other words programs you have applied to) click on the Designations option under the Quick Status.