Specialization and Interests
- Nursing science
- Child and family health
- Chronic illness adaptation in children and families
- Technology and simulation in nursing education
Awards and Honors
- SHAW Research Award Recipient for Faculty Mentorship in Collaboration with Children's Memorial Hospital (2009)
- Illinois Board of Higher Education Nurse Education Grant (2007)
- DePaul University Nursing Review Board
- School of Nursing Governance and Policy Committee
- School of Nursing Local Review Board
- School of Nursing Personnel Committee
- Member, Consortium to Lower Obesity in Children in Chicago (CLOCC)
Amer, K, "Children’s “Views of Their Adaptation to Type 1 Diabetes,” Pediatric Nursing (2008).
Amer, K, Quality and Safety for Transformational Nursing: Core Competencies, Pearson (2012).
Gampetro, Wojciechowski, and Amer, "Life Concerns and Perceptions of
Care in Adolescents with Mental Health Care Needs: A Qualitative Study
in a School-Based Health Clinic," Pediatric Nursing (2012).
Kausch, K & Amer, K, “Self Transcendence and Depression Among AIDS Memorial Quilt Panel Makers,” Journal of Psychosocial Nursing and Mental Health Services 45(6) 44-53 (2007).