A non-degree graduate student is one who has a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university and wishes to take at least one graduate course for one or more of the reasons listed below. Students who wish to take an undergraduate course as a non-degree student must apply as an undergraduate.
To apply for admission, choose the appropriate application at depaul.edu/apply.
Most CSH graduate programs allow students to take courses as non-degree students.
Why take a course as a non-degree graduate student?
- Personal interest
- Professional development
- Graduate school preparation
- Undecided on degree program
- Missed degree program deadline
Minimum requirements to be admitted as a non-degree graduate student:
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university
- Academic achievement in undergraduate work indicating a capacity to succeed in graduate course work (minimum 2.50/4.00 cumulative GPA)
- Approval by the director of graduate admission
- Apply online at depaul.edu/apply
- Select Graduate "Degree and Non-Degree"
- On page 4 of the application under "Program Choice" select "College of Science and Health"
- In the alphabetical list choose "Non-Degree Personal Interest"
- Submit official transcripts to:
Office of Graduate Admission
College of Science and Health
2400 N. Sheffield Avenue
Chicago, IL 60614-3936
If available electronically, official transcripts can be sent from the issuing institution to GradDePaul@depaul.edu.
Once all documents are received, applicants can expect to receive a decision within three business days.
Intent to Enroll
Upon receiving your admission decision, you will be asked to submit the online intent to enroll form to confirm that you plan to enroll as a non-degree graduate student in the College of Science and Health. The form is available here. When the graduate admission office receives the form, we will confirm its receipt by email and direct you to the CSH Graduate Advising Office for advising and registration.
Course Selection and Registration
Academic course selection and registration for non-degree seeking graduate students is a collaborative effort between the CSH Graduate Advising Office and graduate program directors. Permission is required to register for specific courses at the graduate level. Please contact the College of Science and Health Graduate Advising Office at CSHAdvising@depaul.edu for information regarding course registration.
Tuition and Financial Aid
Non-degree graduate students are charged at the regular graduate tuition rate. Click here for the current tuition rate. Financial aid is not available to non-degree students. However, the Double Demon Scholarship of 25% will be awarded to DePaul alumni. Complete information about the Double Demon Scholarship including some exclusions is available here under Alumni.