- Relationship between physical activity and type 2 diabetes in adults
- Role of exercise in the prevention of cardiovascular disease and as a treatment modality
- Exercise-related behavior, motivation, and effective methods to improve adherence
- Effective exercise interventions in pediatric patients
- Epidemiology of cardiovascular disease across the lifespan
- Achalasia and the effectiveness of surgical treatment for achalasia
- Cardiovascular research trials and pharmacotherapeutic interventions
Awards and Honors
- West Suburban College of Nursing Intramural Research Grant, ‘Scholarship Through Research’ (2005-2006)
- Chair, School of Nursing NCLEX Success Committee
- School of Nursing Curriculum Committee
- School of Nursing Scholarship Committee
- School of Nursing Simulation Council
- Member, American Heart Association (1994 - present)
- Member, Preventive Cardiovascular Research Association (2008 - present)
- Member, Sigma Theta Tau, Alpha Lambda Chapter (2010 - present)
- Member, American Heart Association, Exercise, Prevention, and Epidemiology and Prevention Subcommittee (2007 - 2013)
Speiss, A., Venkat, A., Sloan, S., Donahue, P., Moxley, E.A., Kahrilas, P. (1996). Outcome of Laparoscopic Myotomy in Management of Achalasia. Achalasia. Departments of Medicine & Surgery, Northwestern University, Rush-Presbyterian-St.Luke’s Medical Center, & Cook County Hospital, Chicago, IL. Digestive Diseases Weekly, (Digestive Disease Weekly) Washington, D.C.
Sorkin, R.P., Moxley, B. (1997). Randomised double-blind trial of fixed low-dose warfarin with aspirin after myocardial infarction. Coumadin Aspirin Reinfarction Study (CARS) investigators. Lancet, 350, 389-96.
Sorkin, R.P., Moxley, B. (1998). Dose-Dependent Increase in Mortality with Vesnarinone Among patients with Severe Heart Failure. 1998. The New England Journal of Medicine, 339, 1810-1816.
Moxley, E. (1998). ‘Left Ventricular Diastolic Heart Failure’ . The Optime’s; Optime CHF. Newsletter for the Optime Study, Duke Clinical Research Institute.
Moxley, E.A., Quinn. L.T. Glycemic Control and Cardiovascular Fitness. Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing, Volume 29 (5), 392.