- Treatment decision making
- Patient and caregiver education
- Quality of life issues
- Patient reported outcomes
- Research Methods: Qualitative data coding using NVivo, Focus Groups methodology, Qualtrics Online Survey, Instrument development testing, Content and Thematic Analysis, Experimental and Quasi-experimental educational interventions, Exploratory factor analysis, General linear modeling using ANOVA or regression.
- 2018 Most Outstanding Graduate School Alumni Award, Cebu Doctors' University, Philippines
- President, Chicago Chapter Oncology Nursing Society (January 2017-December 2019)
- Associate Editor, Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing (June 2017-June 2020)
- Chair, Research Committee, Oncology Nursing Society, Chicago Chapter
- Editorial Board Member, The Oncology Nurse
- Review Board Member, Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing
- Review Board Member, Oncology Nursing Forum
- Member, American Society of Hematology
- Member, Midwest Nursing Research Society
- Member, Council for the Advancement of Nursing Science
- Member, Sigma Theta Tau Honors Society
Tariman, J. D. & Faiman, B. (2015). Multiple Myeloma: A Textbook for Nurses.
A Treatment-focused and Evidence-based Approach to the Care of Patients
with Myeloma. 2nd ed. Pittsburgh, PA: Oncology Nursing Society
Publishing Division. In Press.
Tariman, J.D. & *Dolores, J. (November, 2019). Chapter 21: Multiple myeloma. In. S. M. Mahon & R. Bell (Eds.), Study Guide for the Core Curriculum for Oncology Nursing (6th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Elsevier, Inc.
*Katz, P., & Tariman, J.D. (November. 2019). Chapter 6: Communication and Shared Decision-Making. In. S. M. Mahon & R. Bell (Eds.), Study Guide for the Core Curriculum for Oncology Nursing (6th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Elsevier, Inc.
Faiman, B., Richards, T., & Tariman, J. (2018). Chapter 62: Multiple Myeloma. In W. Yarbro & Gobel (Eds.), Cancer Nursing Principles and Practice, 8th edition (8th ed., pp. 6167–6324). Sadbury, MA, United States: Jones and Bartlett.
Tariman, J.D., *Katz, P., *Bishop-Royse, J., Hartle, L., Szubski, K. L., Enecio, T., et al. (2018). Role competency scale on shared decision-making nurses: Development and psychometric properties. SAGE Open Medicine, 6, 2050312118807614. doi: 10.1177/2050312118807614
*Wilson, C.K, Tariman, J.D., & *Graf, R. (2018). Online palliative care education in the skilled nursing facility. Journal of Nursing Practice and Review of Research, 8(2), 13-26.
*Coletto, K., Tariman, J. D., *Lee, Y., & *Kapanke, K. (2018). Perceived knowledge and attitudes of Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists and Student Registered Nurse Anesthetists on fire risk assessments during a time-out in the operating room. American Association of Nurse Anesthetists, 86(2), 99-108.
Tariman, J.D. (2018). Biosimilars: Exploring the history, science, and progress. Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing, 22(5), 5-12. doi: 10.1188/18.CJON.S1.5-12
*Malibiran, R., Tariman, J.D., & *Amer, K. (2018). Bibliotherapy: Appraisal of evidence for patients diagnosed with cancer. Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing, 22(4), 377-380.
*Clayton, W.M., & Tariman, J.D. (2018). The nurse’s role in addressing barriers to cancer screening in African Americans: An integrative literature review. Journal of Nursing Practice and Review of Research, 8(1), 53-64.
*Pedersen, C., & Tariman, J.D. (2018). Beliefs and attitudes of American nurses on physician-assisted suicide: An integrative literature review. Journal of Nursing Practice and Review of Research, 8(1), 24-38.
*Weaver, C., & Tariman, J. D. (2017). Multiple myeloma genomics: A systematic review. Seminars in Oncology Nursing, 33(3), 237–253.
*Mallari, M. G., & Tariman, J. D. (2017). Ethical framework for decision making in nursing practice and research. Journal of Nursing Practice and Review of Research, 7(1), 50–57.
Tariman, J.D. (2017). Changes in cancer treatment: Mabs, mibs, mids, nabs and nibs. Nursing Clinics of North America, 52(1), 65-81.
*indicates DePaul University student