Specialization and Interests:
- Maternal child health promotion/disease prevention
- Food Insecurity & Nutrition
- Public health programming (WIC)
- Preconception, interconception & antenatal health
- Perinatal mental health
- Health disparities
- The built environment
- Life course approach
Research Methods Areas of Expertise:
- Quantitative Systems-level Secondary Analysis
- Global Positioning(GPS) Data Collection
- Qualitative Interviewing
- Survey Development
- Focus Group Methodology
- DePaul University Institutional Review Board Member
- Curriculum Committee Chair, School of Nursing
- Dissemination Committee Chair, School of Nursing
- Doctoral Studies Committee Member, School of Nursing
- Faculty Councilor, Zeta Sigma Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International Honors Society
- American Public Health Association
- Midwest Nursing Research Society
- Alliance of Nurses for a Healthy Environment
- National Association of Catholic Nurses
- The International Catholic Committee of Nurses and Medico-Social Assistants
- Project Title: WIC Professionals’ knowledge and perspective of variations in Household Food Insecurity and WIC Participation rates among Hispanic and Foreign-born populations.
- Funder: DePaul University, University Research Council, Competitive Research Grant
- Active: January 2017-December 2018
Simonovich, S.D., Pineros-Leano, M., *Bass, M.E., *Stromer, S.M., *Kim, K.C., Meline, B., Tabb, K.M. (In Press). WIC professionals’ adaptations in clinical practice to better assess and address household food insecurity in participating families. Beyond Borders: Advances in Global Welfare.
*Velasco, D., Simonovich, S.D., Krawczyk, S., Roche, B. (In Press). Barriers and facilitators to intraoperative opoid alternative strategies: Examining CRNA perspectives and practices. American Association of Nurse Anesthetists Journal.
Pineros-Leano, M., Tabb, K., Simonovich, S. D., Wang, Y., Meline, B., Huang, H. (2018). Racial differences in breastfeeding initiation among WIC participants in a Midwestern public health district. Health Equity. https://doi.org/10.1089/heq.2018.0016.
Simonovich, S.D., Florczak, K.L. (2018). Re-envisioning evidence gap maps with qualitative research. Nursing Science Quarterly, doi:10.177/0894318418792882.
Simonovich, S.D. (2017). The value of developing a mixed methods program of research. Nursing Science Quarterly, doi:10.1177/0894318417708426.
*indicates DePaul University Students