College of Science and Health > Faculty & Staff > Faculty A-Z >
- Professor, Graduate Program Director Mathematics Education & Mathematics for Teaching
- Mathematical Sciences
- (773) 325-4218
- Schmitt Academic Center, Room 528B
Jeffrey Bergen earned his PhD in Mathematics from the University of Chicago in 1981.
Bergen's research is in Algebra.
- Actions of commutative Hopf algebras
Bull. London Math. Soc. 18 (1986), no. 2, 159-164 (with M. Cohen).
- Delta methods in enveloping rings
J. Algebra 133 (1990), no. 2, 277-312 (with D. Passman).
- Actions of Lie superalgebras on reduced rings
Algebr. Represent. Theory 11 (2008), no. 3, 251-273
(with P. Grzeszczuk and M. Hryniewicka).
- A Concrete Approach to Abstract Algebra: from the Integers to the Insolvability of the Quintic
Elsevier, Boston, (2010).
- Jacobson radicals of ring extensions
J. Pure Appl. Algebra 216 (2012), no. 12, 2601-2607.
- Excellence in Teaching Award, DePaul University, 2001
- Cortelyou-Lowery Award for Excellence, DePaul University, 2007
- Vincent de Paul Professor, 2012