College of Science and Health | DePaul University > Academics > School of Nursing > Student Resources > Nursing Honors and Pinning Ceremony >
What to Expect (Guests)
- Doors to the event will open at 2:30pm. Guests may arrive early, but they will not be able to enter until the doors open.
- The School of Nursing will have a photographer for the event. Should you want to take pictures yourself, take care not to block any aisles or doors in 120AB.
- If you or any of your guests need accommodations, please let the School of Nursing know as soon as possible by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to Expect (Pinners)
- Guests who have been chosen to pin a student should sit close to an aisle.
- Pinners should use an event program to follow along as graduates are called, alphabetically, to walk across the stage.
- When your graduate is about 10 names from the person currently on stage, rise and make your way to the center of the room, where an usher will greet you.
- Line up next to your graduate, and the pair of you will be directed towards the stage by event staff. Once on stage, you will be handed a pin with any necessary instructions.
- If you have any questions or need help during the event, staff will be on hand to assist you.