In addition to the general admission requirements above, students should be able to provide proof of successfully completing the following prerequisite courses:
· Two courses of human anatomy/physiology with labs
· One course of inorganic (i.e. general chemistry) with lab
· One course in organic chemistry with lab
Note on Prerequisites
All prerequisite courses must include labs and have been completed within the last ten years with a grade of 'C' or better. All prerequisites must be completed before the start of term to which the student is applying. The prerequisite courses do not have to be completed before the application deadline. However, in some cases the applicant pool includes so many students who have completed all or most of their prereqs that the available places in that cohort are filled by these students. In that case, qualified students with fewer prerequisite courses completed may be offered admission to the following term. If the admission review committee needs more information on an applicant whose prereqs are not complete, they may defer making a decision on the application until the review period for the next available term.
Applying Directly to DePaul
- Submit the DePaul online application at www.depaul.edu/apply.
- Submit your personal statement, two letters of recommendation, resume or CV, and prerequisite worksheet directly through the online application OR by email to GradDePaul@depaul.edu. Please make sure your name is on all documents.
- Pay the $40 application fee through the online application or mail a check to the Office of Graduate Admission at the address below.
- Send official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended to the Office of Graduate Admission at the address below. (College and universities that issue official electronic transcripts can email them to GradDePaul@depaul.edu).
- If required, submit your GRE and/or TOEFL score directly from ETS (www.ets.org). DePaul's institution code is 1165.
The Office of Graduate Admission
College of Science and Health
2400 N. Sheffield Avenue
Chicago, IL 60614-2215
Applying Through NursingCAS
Starting in July 2013, applicants to the MENP program will have the option of applying to the program through NursingCAS. Applying through NursingCAS allows you to submit your application to DePaul and other institutions nationwide through one centralized application. NursingCAS also verifies your academic credentials on behalf of DePaul. The first available entry term for NursingCAS applicants will be winter 2013-2014.
Here’s how to get started Nursing instructional video or helpful PowerPoint presentation on how to complete a NursingCAS application.
- Visit www.nursing.organd click “Apply Here” to initiate your application.
- Click on “Create Account” and complete the required fields.
- Save your personal statement in the “Personal Statement” section of NursingCAS. Title it “DePaul University MENP Program.” Attach the statement to DePaul University prior to e-submitting your application.
- Request that your references be submitted via the “References” section of NursingCAS. Attach your references to DePaul University prior to e-submitting your application.
- Upload a copy of your CV or resume into the “Documents Upload” section of NursingCAS. Remember to attach your resume to DePaul University prior to e-submitting your applications.
- Complete DePaul’s Supplemental Question Sheet, upload it into the “Documents Upload” section of NursingCAS and attach it to DePaul University prior to e-submitting your application. MENP NursingCAS Supplemental Questions.pdf
- Applicants applying through NursingCAS do not need to submit the prerequisite worksheet.
- If required to submit a GRE score, you should report your score in the “Tests” section of the NursingCAS application. Have your official score sent directly from ETS (www.ets.org) to DePaul University. DePaul’s institution code is 1165.
- Submit official transcripts from each college or university attended. All official transcripts must be mailed from the issuing institution’s registrar’s office directly to NursingCAS. In order to expedite the processing be sure to include the Transcript Request Form. Have the transcripts mailed to the following address:
P.O. Box 9201
Watertown, MA 02471
Note: You must input all of your college level coursework into the NursingCAS application. Be sure to have a copy of your transcript(s) in hand or accessible in order to complete this section. All college level course work (including in-progress course work) must be entered into the application in this section. There is a short, instructional video posted here on how to accurately complete this section. And detailed instructions are posted here. This will be the most time-consuming aspect of the application process.
If you would rather have NursingCAS staff enter in your coursework data on your behalf then you have the option of paying an additional fee to use the Coursework Entry Service. Click here to learn more about the service. The data entered into this section is used to calculate GPAs in order to make admission decisions.
- Transcripts from international institutions must be evaluated by Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (ECE). This is the required evaluation service for international applicants who wish to apply to DePaul using the NursingCAS application. International credit evaluations and transcripts should be mailed to NursingCAS at the address above. If you wish to apply directly to DePaul University, follow the instructions above in the section, "Applying Directly to DePaul".
- If required to submit a TOEFL score, you should report your score in the “Tests” section of the NursingCAS application. Have your official score sent directly from ETS (www.ets.org) to DePaul. DePaul’s institution code is 1165.
Helpful Hints on Using NursingCAS
Use the Quick Status Menu while logged into your NursingCAS application to check to see if your transcripts have been received or use this link, https://portal.nursingcas.org/?rm=status_transcripts. You can also use the Quick Status Menu to check to see if your references have been submitted.
Questions about NursingCAS
For questions regarding the NursingCAS application please contact NursingCAS support via phone at 617-612-2880 Monday – Thursday 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM Eastern Time and Friday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM Eastern Time and via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or post questions to NursingCAS by following their Twitter and/or Facebook accounts. Detailed instructions and FAQs are available too. Instructional videos are posted on the NursingCAS YouTube channel
Monitor the Status of Your Application:
The “My Messages” section of the NursingCAS application will include any messages that NursingCAS or a school has sent to you. Please check your “My Messages” to see if you have received any vital information about your application. Messages will be sent to the “My Messages” inbox and your personal email address that you created your account with.
Use the “Quick Status Menu” options to check to see if your Transcript(s), Reference(s), or Payment(s) have been received after you submit them. To check to see which Designations you have selected (in other words programs you have applied to) click on the Designations option under the Quick Status.