DePaul’s two-year MS in General Psychology prepares students for future employment in a wide variety of scientific, academic, and applied settings. It also provides a strong foundation for students interested in pursuing a PhD in Psychology.
We Provide a Broad, Solid Foundation in Psychology
The MS in General Psychology provides a strong foundation in psychology as an empirical science. As an MS student, you’ll receive:
- A solid grounding in theory: core courses in cognitive, physiological and social psychology
- Essential training in methods: core courses in statistics and research methods
- A breadth of knowledge: elective courses in clinical, cognitive, community, developmental, industrial/organizational and social psychology
Our Competitive Advantage
Unlike in many other terminal Master’s programs, students in the MS in General Psychology program at DePaul complete doctoral-level courses. MS students also work closely with faculty members (usually, one) to develop and implement novel research ideas.
As a student in DePaul’s MS in General Psychology program, you will:
- Experience a high standard of intellectual challenge and stimulation from both instructors and peers
- Collaborate with experts in your area of interest to develop and implement new research ideas
- Contribute to new developments in the field
As a graduate from DePaul’s MS in General Psychology program, you will be well-prepared for a wide range of careers related to psychology (e.g., statistical consulting, teaching) or for further doctoral training in psychology.
We admit 8–10 students per year, based on a combination of grades, GRE scores, letters of recommendation, and faculty–student fit.
Applications are due no later than May 1st, although we do begin the application review and acceptance process as early as March and encourage early application.
Want to Know More?
Read about our degree requirements
Learn more about admissions
Explore our list of faculty
and their research interests