DePaul’s two-year MS in General Psychology prepares students for future
employment in a wide variety of scientific, academic, and applied
settings. It also provides a strong foundation for students interested
in pursuing a PhD in Psychology.
We Provide a Broad, Solid Foundation in Psychology
The MS in General Psychology provides a strong foundation in psychology
as an empirical science. As an MS student, you’ll receive:
- A solid grounding in theory: core courses in cognitive, physiological and social psychology
- Essential training in methods: core courses in statistics and research methods
- A breadth of knowledge: elective courses in clinical, cognitive,
community, developmental, industrial/organizational and social
Our Competitive Advantage
Unlike in many other terminal master’s programs, students in the MS
in General Psychology program at DePaul complete doctoral-level
courses. MS students also work closely with faculty members (usually,
one) to develop and implement novel research ideas.
As a student in DePaul’s MS in General Psychology program, you will:
- Experience a high standard of intellectual challenge and stimulation from both instructors and peers
- Collaborate with experts in your area of interest to develop and implement new research ideas
- Contribute to new developments in the field
As a graduate from DePaul’s MS in General Psychology program, you will
be well-prepared for a wide range of careers related to psychology
(e.g., statistical consulting, teaching) or for further doctoral
training in psychology.
Want to Know More?
Learn more about admission.
Explore our list of faculty and their research interests in the Psychology Department.