DePaul’s two-year MS in General Psychology prepares students for future
employment in a wide variety of scientific, academic, and applied
settings. It also provides a strong foundation for students interested
in pursuing a PhD in Psychology.
We Provide a Broad, Solid Foundation in Psychology
The MS in General Psychology provides a strong foundation in psychology
as an empirical science. As an MS student, you’ll receive:
- A solid grounding in theory: core courses in cognitive, physiological and social psychology
- Essential training in methods: core courses in statistics and research methods
- A breadth of knowledge: elective courses in clinical, cognitive,
community, developmental, industrial/organizational and social
Our Competitive Advantage
Unlike in many other terminal master’s programs, students in the MS
in General Psychology program at DePaul complete doctoral-level
courses. MS students also work closely with faculty members (usually,
one) to develop and implement novel research ideas.
As a student in DePaul’s MS in General Psychology program, you will:
- Experience a high standard of intellectual challenge and stimulation from both instructors and peers
- Collaborate with experts in your area of interest to develop and implement new research ideas
- Contribute to new developments in the field
As a graduate from DePaul’s MS in General Psychology program, you will
be well-prepared for a wide range of careers related to psychology
(e.g., statistical consulting, teaching) or for further doctoral
training in psychology.
We admit 5-6 students per year, based on a combination of grades, GRE
scores, letters of recommendation, and faculty-student fit.
Applications are due no later than April 20th, although we do begin the application review and acceptance process as early as April 1st; early application is encouraged.
Want to Know More?
Learn more about admissions
Explore our list of faculty and their research interests in the Psychology Department.